The Department for International Trade Yorkshire and the Humber Can Help Your Business Grow
The Department for International Trade (DIT) is responsible for promoting British trade across the world and ensuring the UK takes advantage of the huge opportunities open to us. DIT encourage and support businesses to export and help to identify key opportunities for their business. In the Yorkshire and the Humber region there is a team of International Trade and e-Commerce advisers who support local businesses with face-to-face meetings along with dedicated and impartial advice.
With over 71% of Food and Drink exporters in Yorkshire and the Humber expecting their sales to increase in the next quarter, this demonstrates the huge opportunity available for businesses in the region.
By working with DIT you will also have access to funding (for eligible companies only), live business opportunities, exclusive trade missions and export taster visits, meet the buyer sessions, seminars and webinars which help businesses to develop and innovate their business. For information on forthcoming events please click HERE.
Keep up to date with DIT’s work and activities on twitter HERE
Who’s Who at DIT?
Stephen Noblett, Regional Food and Drink Sector Specialist – DIT Yorkshire & the Humber
Stephen provides export guidance and assistance to Yorkshire & the Humber as well as Northern Powerhouse companies within the Food and Drink sector. Bringing companies and Embassy’s from abroad to the North to facilitate business and exports, Stephen also leads on overseas Trade Missions across the world and in the UK showcasing the Best of GREAT British Food and Drink.
Telephone: 07814 190562 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Twitter: @Export_Stephen
To find out more and to book a meeting with an International Trade or e-Commerce Adviser, contact your local DIT team on +44 (0) 300 365 1000, email DIT on email@example.com or follow DIT on Twitter @tradegovuk_YH.
Visit great.gov.uk to get started and find some useful guidance and information. On great.gov.uk businesses also have the chance to search thousands of current export opportunities available around the globe. At exportingisgreat.gov.uk/opportunities you can filter opportunities by sector, keyword, market and value. Discover the possibilities.
The demand is out there, you should be too.
NEW – Find a Buyer service
DIT are looking to improve the export opportunities service and makie it easier to use by including great.gov.uk company trade profiles when you apply for an opportunity.
If you don’t already have an international trade profile, getting one will let you:
• add recent examples of your company’s work
• tell buyers about your awards and successes
• benefit from even more viewers by being on a GOV.UK trade portal
Your trade profile will be used by Department for International Trade staff to more quickly and effectively look at your suitability for an opportunity. This means you’ll get faster response rates to your applications, which could help your business grow faster.
- CHINA (for the beverage sector)
- Sat, 11 Nov 2 – Sun, 19 Nov 2017
- Join the Department for International Trade (DIT) for this Northern Powerhouse Trade Mission to Shanghai, China. If you are a business in the beverage sector this mission can help you gain customers in the Chinese market.
- More info can be found HERE and the deadline is the 25th August 2017
- GERMANY (food and drink)
- 8-10th October 2017
- Join this Northern Powerhouse (NPH) Food & Drink mission to the international food
& drink trade show, Anuga 2017 based in Cologne, Germany. The mission is open to all
companies with little or no export experience and will attract importers, distributors
and buyers from across the world.
- More info can be found HERE or by contacting Paul Yuan, Mission Coordinator : firstname.lastname@example.org / 0333 320 0392. The deadline is 1st September 2017
- 24th – 31st October 2017
in CHENGDU and / or QINGDAO
at The EU-China Business & Technology Cooperation Fair.
Meet potential new business partners in pre-scheduled one-on-one meetings organised for you
- Please RSVP to Joanna@connectchina.co.uk for a full information pack
- Monday 23rd of October 2017
- British Organic and Free-From Network and Showcase at the Ambassador’s Residence
- NatExpo has become France’s leading trade event for the organic sector, with over 12,000 visitors in 2015. Demand is high and sales of organic and free-from food and drink products grew by 13% in 2015.
- Places at the showcase event are strictly limited, companies should apply early to avoid disappointment.
- More info can be found HERE