2 HECK! Chicken Italia Burgers
20g of sundried tomatoes
50g of mozzarella
1 red pepper diced
2 sweet potatoes, skin-on, roughly chopping into 2cm pieces
1 pack of Just Roll or gluten-free pastry
If you want to make your own pastry:
Pinch of salt
- Switch your oven and heat to 200c/ fan 200c/ gas mark 7.
- Par cook the sweet potato in a pan of water on the hob for about 20 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, split each Chicken Italia burger into 4 pieces and round into balls with your hands. Put a frying pan on the hob and spray with a little oil. Once the pan is hot, add the balls and cook off, turning to get an even browning.
- Add your chopped red pepper to the pan and continue to cook until softer.
- Once cooked, put into a mixing bowl and add the chunks of mozzarella cheese and chopped sun dried tomatoes.
- Drain your sweet potato and add to the mixture. Give the ingredients a good stir & season with salt and pepper.
- Crack your egg into a little dish and whisk with a folk until yolk is mixed in with the white.
- Roll out the pastry onto a lightly floured surface and using a plate draw round with a knife. You will need to decide how big you want to make your pasties. Remember, you will be halving them over, so don’t be shy!
- Add your filling to one side of the circular pastry, leaving some space at the edge.
- Beat your egg in a little bowl until yolk is mixed with white, then brush the edge of the pastry with your egg wash and fold the other half of the circle over. Crimp the edge with either a folk or your fingertips so the filling is sealed.
- Brush the top of the pastry with you egg wash and put onto a tray and bake in the oven for approx. 15 minutes until golden.
- Serve with lettuce, parmesan cheese, vine tomatoes and a dipping sauce of your choice.