For the strawberry whipped ganache:
75 g strawberry puree
250 g liquid whipping cream
15 g caster sugar
175 g white chocolate
For the sponge cakes:
310 g caster sugar
240g white flour
240 g whole eggs
4g baking powder
137g liquid whipping cream
75g melted butter
70g Slingsby Rhubarb Gin
100 g fresh strawberries
- In a saucepan add the strawberry puree and caster sugar and gently bring to the boil.
- Pour over the white chocolate and mix well using a spatula
- Add in the cold liquid whipping cream and the rhubarb gin and mix well to combine
- Put mixture in the fridge to cool down. The mix has to be cold to be able to whip it, so prepare in advance and ideally overnight.
- In a pan gently melt the butter then stir in the rhubarb gin.
- In a bowl, mix the cream with caster sugar, whole eggs and salt, then sift in the flour and baking powder, then add in the warm (not hot) melted butter and combine.
- Pipe around 30g of the sponge mix into each cupcake case then dice your strawberries and place one piece on the top of each cake.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes at 160° C, then leave to cool
- Put the strawberry ganache mix into a bowl of a stand mixer and whip using the whisk to obtain a smooth and firm texture.
- Pipe a rosette on the top of each cake and add a piece of fresh strawberry