For the Gingerbread Base:
400g Lottie Shaw’s Gingerbread Biscuits
100g Longley Farm Salted Butter
Pinch of Salt
For the Chocolate Middle:
2 x 250g Mascarpone Pots
200g White Chocolate Bars
2 Tbsp Icing Sugar
For the Mulled Wine top:
400ml Red Wine
200ml Orange Juice
4 Gelatine Leaves
1 heaped Tablespoon Mulled Wine Spices
80g Caster Sugar
Pinch of Salt
- Add your gingerbread biscuits into a food processor, and blend until a uniform crumb texture
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe jug for two 30 second bursts, then add to the biscuit crumbs along with the salt and combine.
- Line a loose bottomed cake tin with parchment paper and grease with butter.
- Add your biscuit base and flatten our evenly, coming up the sides slightly. Place into the fridge to set for at least 10-15 minutes.
- To make the cheesecake centre, add the mascarpone and icing sugar into a mixing bowl and combine.
- Melt half the chocolate in a microwavable safe jug 3 for two second bursts.
- Finely chop the remaining 100g chocolate. Add both the melted and chopped chocolate into the mascarpone mix and use a whisk to combine the mixture before adding the mixture onto the chilled biscuit base. Pop back into the fridge to cool.
- To make the mulled wine layer, add all the ingredients into a saucepan expect the gelatine leaves. Set the heat to low/medium and boil off as much alcohol as possible (otherwise the gelatine won’t set)
- Reduce by at least a half, then add the gelatine leaves and stir until dissolved. Allow to cool until room temperature then pour over your cheesecake and pop back into the fridge overnight.
- Serve the next day with a little icing sugar on top.