3 large stalks of rhubarb
30g caster sugar
50g hazelnuts toasted
60g light soft brown sugar
200ml Longley Farm double cream
100ml Longley Farm crème fraiche
2 tsp honey
25ml malt whisky or a whisky liqueur
- Clean the rhubarb and cut into 3cm lengths, place in a single layer in an ovenproof dish and sprinkle with caster sugar. Roast for about 8-10 minutes at 180C. The rhubarb pieces should be whole but if you pierce with a knife, it should be soft all the way through. Leave the rhubarb to cool.
- Toast the oats on a tray under the grill, watch them carefully so they don’t burn, move them around a little so that they toast evenly.
- Toast the hazelnuts in the same way or in a dry frying pan, let them cool and rub off the skins.
- Put the oats, hazelnuts and sugar into a blender and whizz them up, make sure you don’t grind them to a powder you want a little bit of texture, you are looking for the texture of rough breadcrumbs.
- Whip the double cream and mix with the crème fraiche, honey, and whisky.
- Spoon into individual glasses starting with the oat mixture, the cream, rhubarb and then repeat the layers, finishing with a few of the best pieces of rhubarb and a little spoonful of oat mixture. Enjoy!