For the Cake
200g self-raising flour
150g golden caster sugar
110 ml natural rapeseed oil
Zest and juice of ½ lemon
40ml elderflower cordial
3 medium free range eggs
For the Drizzle
4 tbsp icing sugar
2 tbsp elderflower cordial
2 tbsp of your favourite gin
- Pre heat your oven to 180C (170 fan)
- Add all the cake ingredients into your mixing bowl and mix through until they form a smooth batter then gently spoon into a lined 22cm round cake tin.
- Place into the middle of the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Leave to rest for a few minutes and make your drizzle.
- Sift the icing sugar into a jug or bowl then add in the elderflower cordial and gin. Whisk through until the drizzle is smooth and lump free.
- Using a skewer gently stab lots of holes into the cake, these will make little tunnels for your drizzle to run down.
- Using a pastry brush, while the cake is still in the tin, carefully brush over the drizzle allowing it to fill the holes you have made. Allow to cool in the tin for a further 30 minutes
- Finally run a knife carefully around the edge of your tin and turn your cake out to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Enjoy with a good tea, coffee or even better a cool G&T!