250g fresh spinach
¼ tsp grated nutmeg
½ tsp paprika
750g Maris Piper or King Edward potatoes, peeled
100g Harrogate Blue
75g Cheddar or gruyère, grated
300ml double cream
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 3, 170°C, fan 150°C and grease a shallow ovenproof dish.
- Wash the spinach, put it in a large saucepan then cover and cook on a medium heat until the leaves are just wilted, shaking the pan from time to time. Drain well, allow to cool before squeezing out excess water.
- Roughly chop and put in a bowl and add the nutmeg and paprika, season and mix well.
- Slice the potatoes thinly (about 0.5cm thick)
- In an oven proof sauté pan or an oven proof dish, add the cream and the potatoes over medium heat and bring them up to a simmer
- Season with salt and pepper
- If the pan looks too dry you can add more cream (or water). The potato slices should be about 3/4 covered
- Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes, until the potatoes are just starting to get tender
- Add the Harrogate Blue and allow to melt in for a few minutes
- Add the baby spinach, and stir it in, then top with the gruyere cheese
- Sprinkle evenly with the remaining cheese and move the pan into the oven. Bake for about 30 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.