500g Organic Stoneground White Flour
15g Fresh Yeast (half quantity if using dried Yeast)
Large pinch of Salt
80ml Olive Oil
Approx 300ml Tepid Water
Dried Mixed Herbs
- Weigh out the flour, yeast and the teaspoon of salt into a bowl. Make a well in the centre and gradually add the water and olive oil. Once the ingredients are combined together tip out onto a lightly floured surface and start to knead the dough. This should take about 6 minutes. If you prefer you can use a processor on the slowest speed setting until the dough becomes stretchy and soft.
- Place the dough into a lightly oiled bowl and cover with oiled clingfilm. Leave to prove for about 40 minutes or until it has doubled in size.
- Once dough has risen tip out onto a floured surface and knock back then shape into a rectangle and place onto a lined baking tray. Leave to prove covered with the oiled clingfilm for another 40 minutes.
- Once proven push your thumb all over the risen dough to make indentations. Drizzle with olive oil and finish with a generous sprinkling of mixed herbs and sea salt.
- Bake in a hot oven 220’c for approx 20 minutes. Once baked drizzle again with olive oil and serve.