For the crust:
1 large egg, beaten
Pinch of salt
For the filling:
½ bag (35g) pea shoots, stalks cut in half
5 large eggs, beaten
50g mature cheddar cheese, grated
100g feta cheese, chunky crumbled
5 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
Freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the quinoa according to the manufacture instructions - this will give you approximately 3x more cooked quinoa, then place in a bowl and cool for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Add the salt and the beaten egg and press mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 23 cm loose bottomed flan tin greased with butter.
- Bake until golden at 220°C for about 20 minutes, cool slightly before filling.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 190°C and place the pea shoots on the base of the quiche.
- Season the eggs with cracked black pepper and pour over the pea shoots. Sprinkle over the grated cheddar cheese and dot in the cut cherry tomatoes and the crumbled feta.
- Place quiche tin on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes until golden brown.