1 x pack HECK 10 Pork Chipolatas
400ml beef stock
60ml red wine
1 large red onion, sliced
2 tbsp plain flour
1/5 tbsp butter
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp dried thyme
Pinch of sea salt
Pinch of black pepper
4 large sweet potatoes
60 cheddar cheese, grated
- Peel and chop the potatoes, add to a large pot of cold, salted water and bring to a boil. Cook for around 10mins until knife tender, then drain and let them sit and steam for 5 mins.
- Mash the potatoes with butter and milk, then stir in the cheese and season well
- At the same time, fry the sausages until browned all over and cooked all the way through. Remove from pan and leave the fat.
- Add the onions to the pan and fry until they begin to soften and pick up colour. Lower heat slightly and gently caramelise, stirring occasionally so they don't stick to the pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the butter and bring the heat back up to medium. Stir in the flour until a paste forms. Pour in the red wine and gradually add in the beef stock, continuously stirring to ensure no lumps form.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, thyme and seasoning to taste. Simmer for 15mins until thick, then add the sausages. Pour into an oven dish and allow to rest for 5-10mins so a 'skin' forms over top.
- Add the mash on top of the sausages evenly, using a fork to rough the top.
- Bake in the oven at 200C for 20mins, or until nice and golden on top. Allow to rest for 5 minutes then serve up and enjoy!