120g Dried Pasta
200g Bacon Lardons
1 small Onion, chopped
200g Pumpkin, peeled & diced (approx. 1cm cubes)
Handful of Pumpkin seeds
150g Shaws Habanero & Red Pepper Chutney
2 tsp Creme Fraiche
½ tsp Basil, chopped
25g Cheddar Cheese, grated (optional)
- Cook the pasta as per the packet instructions. Whilst the pasta is cooking, fry the bacon in a non-stick pan until starting to crisp.
- Add the onion and cook together for a further 2-3 mins.
- Add the pumpkin and a splash of water and cook on a low-medium heat for 6-8 mins with the lid on or until the pumpkin no longer firm.
- Rinse the pumpkin seed to remove any stringy flesh and dry on a tea-towel. In a bowl mix oil, salt & pepper then stir through the pumpkin seeds. Layer on a lined baking tray and roast in the oven at 220°C/Gas 7 for approx 10 minutes until slightly puffy and crisp.
- On a low heat, stir through the Habanero & Red Pepper Chutney, creme fraiche, basil and cheese (if using) until fully combined and heated through.
- Add the drained pasta and mix well. Sprinkle the roasted pumpkin seeds on top and enjoy