1 tin of chick peas drained and washed and allow to dry
200 g broad beans blanched and de podded
200 g cooked turkey breast diced
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon harrisa paste
20 g bubbles cress chopped roughly
1 teaspoon each of a mixture off – all spice, ginger and nutmeg and cinnamon
1 small red onion peeled and finely chopped
2 large cloves of garlic peeled and finely chopped
- Place all ingredients in a blender and mix until it is part blended but still has texture.
- Add the chick peas to slightly dry the mixture so it’s ready to form into balls
- Season with salt and pepper and do a tester ball of falafel in the deep fat fryer and allow to cook. Test that it holds together before balling the rest of the mixture.
- Separate the mixture and form into balls no bigger than a ping pong ball and deep fry. This mix should take around 2- 3 mins to cook
- Serve warm with homemade coleslaw and salad in warm pitta bread