2tbsp olive oil
1 onion – diced
6 curry leaves (optional)
3 garlic cloves – minced
1inch piece of ginger – minced
1 red chilli – diced
1tbsp fresh thyme leaves (or 1tsp dried)
1 cinnamon stick
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
1 tomato – chopped
1tbsp coriander stalks – chopped
150ml white wine
1 chicken stock cube
2 potatoes, diced
1tbsp fresh coriander for garnish
- Sauté the onion until soft and translucent, then add in the curry leaves (if using) and fry for 30 seconds.
- Next add in the garlic, ginger, chopped chilli and coriander stalks and fry for a minute before adding in the chicken until browned.
- Add the thyme & cinnamon stick and mix well then add the diced tomato and the tinned tomatoes, giving everything a good mix and then cook for a few minutes.
- Pour in 150ml of white wine then crumble in a chicken stock cube.
- Give it a good stir and add the potatoes, then simmer with the lid on for around 25-30 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Season well with salt and pepper to taste and garnish with coriander and serve with rice.