125g plain flour
1-2 free range eggs
300ml fresh milk
Salt and pepper
- Make a well in the centre of the flour and drop the eggs into the well.
- Beat the eggs with a fork and gradually incorporate the flour to start forming a thick paste.
- Gradually add the milk, beating the mixture with a whisk until the batter is the thickness of single cream. If using 2 eggs, you might find you need to reduce the amount of milk slightly.
- Leave to rest for around 10 minutes and re-whisk before use.
- Bake in a hot oven (200ºC/gas mark 6 ) for 15-20 minutes until well risen and golden brown.