100g Yorkshire Fettle Cheese
4 Beetroot, trimmed & scrubbed clean
75g Hazelnuts, in their skins
Juice of ½ an orange
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 good tsp clear honey
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Salad leaves or watercress, washed.
- Preheat the oven 190c
- Wrap each beetroot in foil and place in a baking dish and roast in the oven until tender. Depending on the size of the beetroot, this should take approx 40mins.
- Scatter the hazelnuts on a non-stick tray and roast 10mins until golden
- Remove hazelnuts from the oven and leave to cool slightly, then rub off the skins while still a little warm (wrapping them in a clean tea cloth is a good way to get the skins off.) then roughly chop into halves and quarters.
- Remove the beetroot from the oven, allow to cool a little before rubbing the skins off which should come away easily. Slice the beetroot into cubes.
- Whisk the orange juice, mustard, honey and olive oil together to make the dressing and season with salt & pepper.
- Toss the salad leaves in just enough dressing to coat and split into four portions
- Arrange the dressed salad on each serving plate and scatter over the beetroot before crumbling the Yorkshire Fettle cheese and chopped roasted hazelnuts over the top.