For the tart:
200g Bluemin White cheese
350ml dry red wine
1 cinnamon stick
2 star anise
4 whole cloves
4 fresh figs cut into 8
300g caster sugar
100g unsalted butter
200g puff pastry
For the raspberry sorbet:
375g caster sugar
12. 200ml water
13. 2tsp glucose syrup
14. 500g raspberries (fresh or frozen)
15. squeeze of lemon juice
- For the Sorbet - Place the sugar, water and glucose into a saucepan and dissolve the sugar over medium heat without stirring. Bring to the boil and simmer briskly for 5-7 minutes until the bubbles thicken and become syrupy, then remove from the heat and pour into a bowl and leave to cool.
- Put the raspberries in saucepan with a squeeze of lemon juice and simmer over low heat for 6 minutes or until soft.
- Place in a blender and purée until smooth then push through a fine sieve to remove all the seeds.
- Add the cooled syrup to the purée and whisk together then pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and process for about 20 minutes according to the manufacturer's instructions, then freeze.
- For the Tarte Tatin - slice the fresh figs into 8 wedges and place into a bowl.
- Combine the sugar, red wine, cinnamon stick, star anise, and whole cloves in a small heavy saucepan, then bring to the boil and cook for 25 minutes / reduced by half. Pass the liquid through a fine sieve then pour the figs and let them sit for 30mins, then drain the liquid off the figs and keep until later
- Melt the sugar in a pan on a low heat until it has turned into a light caramel, then slowly add the butter until the caramel thickens and runs smooth. Pour into individual non-stick 8-10cm pans and let them cool until caramel has set hard.
- Arrange the 8 wedges of fig neatly inside each of the non-stick pans, then on a floured work surface roll out the puff pastry to the thickness of a 50p piece and cut out a round disc with an 8-10cm-ring cutter and place on top of the Figs, tucking in the sides.
- Place in a pre-heated oven at 200c for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 3 minutes before turning onto a plate and placing slices of the cheese on top.
- Serve with raspberry sorbet and the remaining spiced syrup.