500g White Flour
1 x Grated parsnip
15g Olive Oil
20g Yeast (dried is fine but
1 x dessertspoon Mixed herbs or garlic chopped
275ml Tepid Water (approx)
Grated cheese for topping.
- Place all the ingredients in a large bowl except the parsnip. Gradually add the water to make a soft dough then tip out onto a floured surface and knead.
- As the dough comes together add the grated parsnip and continue to knead for about 6-8 minutes.
- Put into a bowl and cover, leave to prove until doubled in size.
- Once risen turn out onto the table cut into two pieces – gently knock the air out of the dough pieces and shape into two batons.
- Place on a lined baking tray and sprinkle with a generous covering of cheese. Leave to prove – once risen and your finger leaves a dent when pressed in the dough.
- Put in a hot oven (200’) and bake for 25 minutes.