6 Soanes deboned skinless chicken thighs
2 spring onions, cut into rough chunks
1 red onion, peeled and quartered
2 garlic cloves, peeled
1 red chili, stalk removed
Thumb size piece of ginger, peeled
2 tsp curry powder
1 tin tomatoes
1 tin coconut milk
1 tin chickpeas
50g spinach, washed
- Preheat the oven to 180C, 160C Fan, Gas 4
- Place the spring onions, red onion, garlic, chili, ginger and tomatoes into a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Add the curry powder and coconut milk and blitz again.
- Place the chicken thighs in an ovenproof pan, pour over the blitzed sauce and add the chickpeas.
- Cook in the oven for 2hrs.
- After 2hrs, stir in the spinach and return to the oven for 30 mins until the sauce is thick and bubbling. The chicken is cooked when its core temperature reaches 75c.
- Serve with pilau rice, tomato and onion salad and toasted flaked almonds.