2 free-range eggs
100g caster sugar
100g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
100g butter, melted and cooled slightly, plus extra for greasing
½ lemon, juice and zest
¾ tsp baking powder
½ tsp cinnamon powder
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Brush the madeleine tray with melted butter then coat it with a light dusting of flour, tapping out the excess.
- Whisk together the eggs and the sugar in a bowl until frothy.
- Lightly whisk in the remaining ingredients then leave to stand for 20 minutes.
- Carefully pour the mixture into the prepared madeleine tray then bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the mixture has risen a little in the middle and is fully cooked through.
- Cool and gently turn out of the moulds. Enjoy! These little cakes are best eaten on the day of baking.