100g Wensleydale Blue Cheese
1 medium Courgette
Yorkshire Rapeseed Oil Mint & Balsamic Dressing
Yorkshire Rapeseed Oil with Garlic
1 medium red onion, diced
100g Spinach – we used a bag of Florette Baby Leaf Spinach
6 free range, medium eggs
50ml double cream
- Pop the grated courgette in a colander or a tea towel with a large bowl underneath, sprinkle over a little salt and then use the back of a wooden spoon to gently push out any excess water. Leave to sit for a further 10 minutes to drain fully.
- Preheat the oven to 180oC / 160oC Fan / 350oF / Gas Mark 4.
- Make sure the frying pan has an oven-proof handle as you will be popping it into the oven. Cover the bottom of the frying pan with the Garlic Oil and heat on a high setting on the hob.
- Fry the red onion for a few minutes until softened and then add the drained and grated courgettes and continue to fry for 5-6 mins until cooked through. Gradually add the baby leaf spinach and cook this until wilted.
- In a separate dish beat together the eggs and milk with a good twist of black pepper and then pour this egg mixture over the courgettes, onion and spinach and lightly press down with the back of a spatula to make sure that the whole of the pan bottom is covered.
- Crumble over the Wensleydale Blue Cheese and allow to cook on the hob without touching it for a further 3-4 mins.
- Finally, once the base of the frittata seems set, add another twist of black pepper and place the frying pan in the oven for 20-25 mins or until cooked through.
- Serve hot or cold with a good drizzle of Yorkshire Rapeseed Oil Mint and Balsamic Dressing.