500ml Double cream
6 Egg yolks
40g plain flour
1 tbsp Vanilla essence
1 egg (beaten)
- For the brûlée whisk the egg yolk, sugar & vanilla together in a bowl and then stir in the double cream. Pour into ramekins & cook at 110°c for 1 hour.
- For the doughnuts, start by mixing the milk, yeast, 40g of plain flour and vanilla together and leave to ferment for 40-50 minutes by which time the mix should have doubled in volume
- Mix with the rest of the ingredients and proof again for 40 minutes.
- Roll the dough out and cut into discs. Fry in rapeseed oil at 150°c for 5 minutes, then turn each one over and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Cool on a cooling rack before rolling in caster sugar.
- To serve, glaze the brûlée with caster sugar and a blowtorch before adding a sprinkling of pomegranate seeds. Warm the doughnuts in an oven for a couple of minutes before serving alongside.