For the Cake
175g Plain Flour
50g Green and Blacks Cocoa Powder
1 heaped tsp Baking Powder
1 heaped tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
2 tbsp Treacle
75g Golden Caster Sugar
170ml Yorkshire Rapeseed Oil
For the filling
150g Blackberry Jam
200ml Double Cream
2 tsp Icing Sugar
A handful of chocolate chips (optional)
- Pre Heat your oven to 170C (Not fan)
- Combine all the cake ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat together until a smooth batter is formed.
- Grease and line 2 x 20cm Circular cake tins and pour in the batter spitting equally between them both, place in the oven and cook for 20-25 mins or until a cooked.
- Leave for a few mins then remove from the tins and allow to cool on a cooling rack.
- Whip the double cream until firm and add in the icing sugar just at the end.
- Spread the jam generously over one of the cakes, followed by the cream. For a bit of extra luxury scatter in the chocolate chips if using the place the second cake on top.