For the meringue
4 egg whites
½ tsp fresh lemon juice
220g caster sugar
1 tbsp icing sugar
450ml double cream, whipped
Scoops of Yorvale Ice Cream, we used Peach Melba ice cream but any flavour will work!
- Preheat the oven to 120C/100C Fan/Gas ½ and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks, place the egg whites into the bowl add the lemon juice and whisk until you get soft peaks.
- Gradually add the caster sugar. Once all of the sugar has been added, continue to beat for 2 minutes until stiff and glossy.
- Spread the meringue mixture over the lined baking sheet in a thin and even layer, bake for 2 hours until crisp.
- Allow to cool completely before removing the meringue from the paper and breaking into pieces.
- Grab your preferred glassware and add the strawberries, raspberries, scoops of Yorvale ice cream, spoonfuls of whipped double cream and meringue pieces in any way you wish
- Sprinkle with icing sugar and enjoy!