Pack of HECK Local Great Yorkshire sausages
400g dried macaroni
60g butter, plus extra for greasing
50g plain flour
800ml blue top milk
1 tbsp grainy mustard
150g mature cheese grated (cheddar recommended)
100g bread crumbs
300g cherry tomatoes
- Grill the sausages as per the packet instructions, then cook the macaroni in plenty of boiling water until tender.
- To make the sauce melt the butter in a pan, and stir in the flour. Stir for a couple of minutes, then gradually whisk in the milk until you have a smooth sauce. Continue to cook on a medium heat for a few minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Remove from the heat and stir through the grainy mustard and 100g of the grated cheese. Return to the heat and stir until the sauce is smooth, the season to taste.
- Drain the macaroni and rinse under cold running water, before combining with the grilled sausages, cherry tomatoes and cheese sauce and tipping into a baking dish that’s been lightly greased with butter.
- Spread the top of the dish with the breadcrumbs and remaining grated cheese and pop under a pre-heated grill for approx. 10 minutes until it’s golden brown and bubbling / or into the oven at 200° for the same length of time. Divide into bowls and tuck in!