For the meringue
4 Free Range, Yorkshire egg whites
250g white caster sugar
1tsp white wine vinegar
1tsp vanilla extract
For the topping
650g handpicked Yorkshire strawberries
1 jar of Sutton Sutton raspberry sauce
350ml double cream
2tbsp icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 150c or 130c for fan assisted.
- Using a pencil, trace a circle from a dinner plate or free hand draw the outline for the meringue on greaseproof parchment paper.
- Separate room temperature eggs, placing all the egg whites in a clean and dry bowl, ideally not plastic. (save the egg yolks for custards or carbonara or freeze for another day)
- Whisk the egg whites to stiff peaks with a handheld or stand mixer, then add the sugar one spoonful at a time.
- When the mixture is white and glossy and all sugar is incorporated, add the vinegar, cornflour and vanilla.
- Gently spoon it onto baking parchment or pipe for a fancier look then bake in oven for 1 hour.
- When done, turn off the oven leave to cool inside.
- Whip fresh cream with 1 tbsp of icing sugar to the desired consistency.
- Wash, dry and slice strawberries in half.
- Assemble by carefully placing the meringue on serving plate and topping with the whipped cream and strawberries. Drizzle over the raspberry sauce and icing sugar.