4 large scaled, gutted & butterflied fresh sardines
8 wild garlic leaves
4 slices of thinly sliced pancetta (ask your local butcher)
- Wash the sardines and place skin side down on a chopping board, cutting the heads off if you wish.
- Spoon some of the mayonnaise down the middle of the fish.
- Fold one of the sides back over, put a leaf of the garlic on both sides of the fish and roll in the pancetta. Place in the fridge for an hour or so.
- For the avocado, skin and de-stone and blitz in a bender for a few minutes with salt & pepper.
- Cook the sardines by placing in a hot frying pan and then place under a grill for 2/3 minutes.
- Serve with the purée, salad leaves & olive oil.