300g White Flour
50g Sunflower Seeds + small amount for moulding
15g Fresh Yeast
300ml Tepid Water
- Dissolve the yeast in the water and add to all the ingredients – adjusting the water if necessary, to get a soft manageable dough.
- Mix and knead until soft and pliable – about 8 minutes depending on how energetic you are or use a mixer with a dough hook for about 6 minutes.
- Cover with a plastic bag and rest in a warm place. Once doubled in size knock out the air, knead briefly and mould. Roll the loaf in sunflower seeds before placing in an oiled tin.
- Cover with a plastic bag. The dough will rise and is ready for the oven when springy to touch. The honey in this recipe does speed up proving compared to a standard loaf.
- Bake in hot oven 220 C / 420 F for approx 30 minutes.