140g white flour
310g white flour
40g butter or margarine
100g white flour
10g veg oil
Large pinch baking powder
- Fermentation ingredients: mix well, cover and leave to rise and drop - preferably in a warm place.
- For the dough, mix and knead until the dough is soft and shiny and comes away from the hand. Cover and leave to prove.
- Once proved add fruit and mould into approx 100g buns - glaze with egg wash and leave to prove.
- Mix the Cross Mix to a smooth soft paste (adjust water if needed) and pipe crosses on the buns.
- Bake in hot oven 190’c for 12 mins.Best eaten piping hot straight out of the oven! Happy Easter!