1 Pack (500g) Heck! Moroccan Chicken Mince
1 tbsp olive oil
1 large red onions, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 large carrot, chopped into chunks
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
2 tsp Ras el hanout
200g giant couscous
750ml chicken stock
40g dried apricots, roughly chopped
2 tbsp flaked almonds
Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- Add the olive oil to a large saucepan over a medium heat and add the red onion. Cook for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the garlic and chicken mince, breaking up with the back of a spoon, then cook for 5 minutes, or until browned all over.
- Add the carrot and sweet potato chunks, followed by the Ras el Hanout, stir and cook for a minute to toast the spices before pouring in the stock.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 15 minutes, then add the couscous and cook for a further 15 minutes until couscous is fully cooked.
- Serve with the apricots, flaked almonds and parsley scattered over.