Mrs Bells Blue, with Chestnut and Wild Mushroom Tagliatelle
100g Mrs Bells Blue cheese, diced
500g fresh pasta
300g wild mushrooms
100g butter, diced
2 garlic cloves
1 glass white wine
Handful of chopped parsley
Handful of chives
30g parmesan shavings
150ml double cream
100g chestnuts, chopped
With autumn most definitely here and the foraging season now well underway, why not put the abundance of fresh wild ingredients to good use with this quick and simple supper recipe from the team at Thirsk based Shepherds Purse Cheeses.
- For the mushroom sauce, pick through the mushrooms making sure they are clean before slicing them into halves, quarters or eights, leaving the stalks attached.
3. Heat half the butter in a large sauté pan, add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes without allowing it to colour.
4. Add the chopped chestnuts and mushrooms and cook for 3-5 minutes.
5. Add the wine and let the alcohol evaporate.
6. Add the cream and diced Mrs Bells Blue cheese and bring to the boil.
7. Season and take off the heat.
8. For the pasta, bring a large pan of salted water to the boil.
9. Add the pasta and cook for a couple of minutes until al dente (checking after a minute).
10. Drain and add to the pan containing the mushrooms. Toss together, stirring in the rest of the butter, chopped parsley and chives.
12. Sprinkle with parmesan and serve.