100g Mrs Bells Blue cheese, diced
500g fresh pasta
300g wild mushrooms
100g butter, diced
2 garlic cloves
1 glass white wine
Handful of chopped parsley
Handful of chives
30g parmesan shavings
150ml double cream
100g chestnuts, chopped
- For the mushroom sauce, pick through the mushrooms making sure they are clean before slicing them into halves, quarters or eights, leaving the stalks attached.
- Heat half the butter in a large sauté pan, add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes without allowing it to colour.
- Add the chopped chestnuts and mushrooms and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the wine and let the alcohol evaporate.
- Add the cream and diced Mrs Bells Blue cheese and bring to the boil.
- Season and take off the heat.
- For the pasta, bring a large pan of salted water to the boil.
- Add the pasta and cook for a couple of minutes until al dente (checking after a minute).
- Drain and add to the pan containing the mushrooms. Toss together, stirring in the rest of the butter, chopped parsley and chives.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and serve.