250g pappardelle or other pasta
250ml double cream
500g of mixed mushrooms, portobello, oyster and button
1 large shallot
2 garlic cloves
25g of butter
Rapeseed oil or mild olive oil
125ml of white wine
Salt and pepper
Large handful of fresh tarragon
- Set a large pan of water to boil.
- Meanwhile finely dice the shallots and prepare mushrooms, wiping and slicing all to a similar size.
- Salt the boiling water and toss in the pappardelle.
- In a large frying pan melt 25g of butter and a drizzle of oil on medium heat, add shallots, stirring to completely coat in oil and butter.
- Add mushrooms, in batches if necessary, so they fry not steam.
- Once they have slightly browned add the minced garlic, stir for one minute then add the white wine.
- After the wine has reduced pour in all the cream and reduce temperature to low. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain pasta and add to sauce with the tarragon, toss to completely coat in sauce. to completely coat in sauce.
- Serve with more fresh tarragon on top if desired. Enjoy!