1 Christmas Panettone loaf
50g chopped dark chocolate
20g chopped pistachios
20g chopped dried cranberries
200g light brown sugar
12 egg yolks
- Preheat oven at 180°c and lightly grease a casserole dish with some soften butter & dust with a little of the brown sugar.
- In a large mixing bowl mix the sugar, yolks, cream & milk with a whisk, then add the rest of the ingredients until you have a batter like mixture with the chopped nuts, chocolate & fruit.
- Cut the Panettone into thin slices, and line the casserole dish with the bread.
- Spoon some of the batter mixture over each layer of bread each time adding one to the pudding, so the fruits and chocolate are all the way through the pudding, then cover the top of the pudding with the remainder of the mixture and zest 1 orange over the top.
- At the end you will have a wet looking bread mix. Leave for 1 hour and then bake for 45mins.
- Serve warm with ice cream & poached fruits.