70g pea shoots
250g red lentils
1 tbsp olive oil
1 red onion, peeled and diced
1 garlic clove, crushed
3 tbsp tikka curry paste
400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
400g reduced fat coconut milk
1 lemon, juiced
Freshly ground black pepper and salt
- Rinse and drain the red lentils.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the red onion and garlic over a medium to high heat for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the curry paste and cook a further minute, then add the rinsed lentils and drained chickpeas.
- Pour in the coconut milk and refill can with water and add to the pan. Bring to the boil and cook for 25 – 30 minutes until the lentils are just cooked.
- Cut the pea shoots in half and stir into the dahl to wilt, add the lemon juice and season.
- Serve with warm naan bread.