21⁄2 tbsp Yorkshire Rapeseed Oil
200g plain flour
50g caster sugar
3-4 tbsp cold water
3 medium conference pears
100g Yorkshire Wensleydale & Cranberries
1-2 tbsp runny honey
A handful of walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 180oC / 160oC Fan / 350oF / Gas Mark 4.
- Start by making your pastry. Mix the flour and sugar together. Beat the Yorkshire Rapeseed Oil and egg together and combine with the flour and sugar mix, gradually adding sufficient water to make a soft dough. The beauty of this dough is it can be used immediately with no need to let it rest in the fridge.
- On a floured surface roll out your pasty to 3mm thick and the size of a large dinner plate. Transfer onto a lightly floured sheet of baking paper on a flat baking tray.
- Top and tail your pears and then finely slice through the whole pear. Lay your pear slices onto the pastry keeping a 3cm edge clear of any fruit.
- Crumble the cheese and tuck into the pears so it is evenly distributed across the fruit. Crumble over the walnuts and the drizzle on a little of the honey. Be sure to keep the edges free of any filling.
- Fold the edges over around the whole galette until a crust is formed holding the fruit in place. Brush the pastry crust with the beaten egg.
- Bake in the middle of your pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes until the pastry is golden. Allow to stand for a few minutes before drizzling over a little more honey and serving with fresh whipped cream.