4 Hinchliffe’s pork loin steaks
1 TBSP olive/rapeseed oil
2 Shallots (finely chopped)
2-3 Large portobello/flat mushrooms (finely chopped)
2 Rosemary sprigs (chopped)
Splash of Brandy (optional)
2 Fl oz Pork or Chicken stock
1 TBSP Wholegrain mustard
200g Longley Farm crème fraiche or double cream
Salt and pepper to taste
- Rub the pork steaks with sea salt
- In a large frying pan or (big enough for all the ingredients) heat the oil and then brown off the pork steaks for approx. 3 minutes each side
- Remove steaks from the pan and set aside on a plate
- Add the shallots to the pan using the retained juices to fry on a medium heat for 3 minutes, stirring constantly to avoid burning. Then add mushrooms and rosemary and cook for a further 5 minutes Add a splash of brandy and then add the stock, mustard, crème fraiche and stir in together.
- Return the pork steaks to the pan (along with the juices) and bring it to a gentle boil, then turn down and simmer for 2 minutes longer.
- Taste and season as required. Serve with rice or potatoes and fresh green vegetables.