Skip to content
Join us as a member
- 8 slices of brioche loaf
- Butter (for greasing)
- 3 tbsp. Raisthorpe Damson Gin Jam
- 150 g drunken damsons
- 100 g white chocolate chunks
- 300 ml double cream
- 150 ml (whole) milk
- 3 eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 75 g caster sugar
- Preheat the oven to 175C/gas mark 4. Slice the brioche rolls in half lengthways and place one third of them in a buttered dish.
- Scatter half of the damsons and half the white chocolate chunks over the rolls.
- Place another layer of brioche in the dish and then another layer of remaining fruit and chocolate.
- Place the last of the brioche on top, so that they overlap slightly. Then whisk the cream, milk, eggs and brown sugar together and pour over the dessert. Press the brioche gently down so that it soaks up the custard. If time allows, leave the pudding to soak for half an hour.
- Sprinkle nutmeg over the pudding and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until golden.