6oz/170g dairy-free spread
6oz/170g caster sugar
1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 large eggs
3oz/85g wheat and gluten-free self-raising flour
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1⁄2 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
4oz/113g ground almonds
6oz/170g fresh or frozen raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 180°c/160°c Fan and line the base of an 8 inch tin with baking parchment.
- Cream the dairy-free spread, caster sugar and vanilla extract together until light and fluffy, then gradually add the eggs one at a time. Don’t worry if the mixture starts to curdle.
- Slowly fold in the flour, xanthan gum, baking powder and ground almonds, taking care not to knock out the air.
- Gently fold in the raspberries, taking care not to break them up, then spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and level out with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for between 60 -75 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean from the centre of the cake.
- Remove the cake from the oven and leave to cool, then dust with icing sugar just before serving. This cake is delicious with dairy free ice cream and freezes well if you’re not going to eat it on the day.