3 Medium Eggs
75g Caster Sugar
75g Self Raising Flour
150g Shaws Heritage Rhubarb & Gin Sauce
150g Double Cream
150g Custard, chilled
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Fan 160°C/Gas and grease and line a shallow tin with baking paper.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar until they are pale, light and have roughly trebled in volume.
- Carefully fold in the flour, trying to keep as much air in the mix as possible.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin and spread to the edges.
- Bake for approximately 8 minutes, until lightly golden and springy to the touch.
- Sprinkle icing sugar over a sheet of baking paper and turn out the sponge over it.
- Lightly roll it up and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, unroll and spread over the Shaws Rhubarb & Gin Sauce.
- Whip the cream and carefully blend in the chilled custard. Spread over the sauce.
- Roll up the sponge as tightly as possible, cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.