300g Plain flour
2tsp Baking powder
15g Golden granulated sugar
5 Large eggs
35g Unsalted butter (melted)
1 Vanilla pod, split, seeds scraped out
300ml Butter Milk
1 tsp Olive oil
1 jar Rosebud Rhubarb & Ginger Jam
1 Greek yogurt
1 handful Granola
- Sieve 300g plain flour into large bowl. Add 2 tsp baking powder, 1 tbsp golden granulated sugar and mix thoroughly.
- Create a well in the centre of the flour mixture with the back of your spoon, add 5 large eggs, 35g melted butter, vanilla and buttermilk.
- Whisk together either with a balloon whisk or fork until smooth. Set aside and leave to rest for 10 minutes before cooking, allowing the baking powder time to activate.
- Heat a small knob of butter and 1 tsp of olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. When the butter looks frothy, pour a circle of the batter, approximately 8cm wide. Cook the pancakes on one side for about 1-2 mins or until lots of tiny bubbles start to appear and pop on the surface, almost like a crumpet. Flip the pancakes over cook for a further minute on the other side.
- Carry on this process until all the mixture is used up. To keep the pancakes warm and moist, lay a warm damp cloth over the top of them until you are ready to serve.
- To Serve, layer up a stack of pancakes, spreading the top of each with a generous helping of the Rosebud Rhubarb & Ginger Jam. Top the stack with Greek yogurt and a sprinkling of granola. Enjoy!