1 x Saffron Tree TOGETHER Pakora Blend
100ml cold water, or enough to make a thick batter
25g plain flour
130g garden peas, defrosted
1/2 onion, finely chopped
250g paneer, diced into small cubes
Good handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
Good pinch of quality salt
Freshly ground black pepper
Vegetable or sunflower oil for deep frying
- Put the pakora blend into a mixing bowl along with enough water to make a smooth, stiff batter. Whisk well.
- In a separate bowl, put the plain flour, garden peas, onion, paneer, fresh coriander, salt and pepper. Mix until all ingredients have an even coating of flour.
- Add the flour-dusted ingredients to the pakora batter and mix gently until evenly coated. Leave to rest for 20 minutes.
- In that time, preheat the oil to 170c. Use a thermometer if you are not using a deep fat fryer, and do not leave the pan unattended. After 20 minutes, using an oiled dessertspoon, drop the pakoras into the hot oil and fry for 5 minutes.
- These are perfect served with lime wedges, and a cold glass of hoppy IPA beer.