400g of woof fish
1 large potato
100g salted butter
2 gloves of garlic
200ml white wine
200ml chicken stock
- Debone the woof fillet and cut into 180g pieces.
- Slice a peeled & rounded potato as finely as possible, place the slices in a bowl and mix with the butter and salt. Stack the potato slices on top of each other and cook in a ramekin for 25 minutes on gas mark 6.
- Cook the seaweed in salted boiling water for 10 seconds.
- For the veloute, sauté the shallots and garlic in a sauce pan, taking care not to brown them. Add the wine and chicken stock and reduce for 15 minutes.
- Lastly, add the double cream, 10 leaves of wild garlic & 10 leaves of spinach then place in a blender and blitz for 10 seconds on full speed.
- Season the fish with salt and place in a hot frying pan skin side down, add the butter and place under a grill for 6 minutes.
- To serve, warm the potatoes for 1-2 minutes under the grill, tip the potatoes out onto a plate alongside the fish and spoon the cooled sauce around the plate. Enjoy!