5oz Self Raising Flour
Pinch of Salt
1.5 tsp Ground Ginger
4oz Soft Brown Sugar
3 tbsp Black Treacle or Golden Syrup
5 tbsp Yorkshire Rapeseed Oil – Natural or Ginger
1/8 pint Milk
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl then beat in all the wet ingredients.
- Pour into a lined loaf or cake tin.
- Bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes.
- The finished cake should be firm to the touch, and if you insert a clean skewer to the bottom of the middle of the cake it should come out clean.
- Leave to cool and enjoy!