175ml boiling chicken stock
1 finely chopped onion
1 garlic clove, crushed
100g pine nuts
140g dried apricots, roughly chopped
handful flat leaf or curly parsley, roughly chopped
2 tbsp mint leaves, roughly chopped
- Put the cous cous in a large heatproof bowl and pour over the chicken stock, then cover with cling film for 5 minutes until the liquid is absorbed.
- Melt half the butter in a pan, then add the onion and garlic for 5-8 minutes until soft, then set to one side.
- Dry-fry pine the nuts for a few minutes until golden, then combine with the onions, garlic, pine nuts, apricots and herbs with couscous.
- Add a good squeeze of lemon juice, season, and finally stir in the egg before leaving to cool.
- This stuffing would be ideally used to stuff one of our Herb Fed Free Range Chickenfillets and then bake at 180oC/fan 160oC/gas 4.
- Serve with creamy potato gratin and a crisp green salad. Enjoy!