170ml Yorkshire Rapeseed Oil
115g Light Brown Sugar
90g Golden Syrup
340g Porridge Oats
225g ‘Ready to Eat’ dried figs, any stalks removed, then chopped
Juice and zest of 1 Orange
- Pre heat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4
- Line an 8" x 12" shallow baking tin with baking paper.
- Warm the sugar, syrup and rapeseed oil together in a large saucepan. Add the oats and mix thoroughly.
- Put the chopped figs with the orange juice and zest into a small pan and mix together over a low heat.
- Spread half of the oat mixture in the base of the baking tin. Spread the fig and orange mixture on top of that. Cover with a layer of the remaining oat mixture. Mark into 16 pieces with a knife.
- Bake at for about 20-25 minutes, until golden on top. Mark the 16 pieces again with a knife, leave in the tin until cold then turn out and separate into flapjacks