*For The Strawberry Jelly*
In a pan, bring the puree, lemon juice and basil to a boil. Add the gelatine, dissolve, then sieve. Pour 1/2cm depth of the sieved mixture into each panna cotta mould and set in the fridge.
*For The Panna Cotta* (Prepare the day before)
Place the cream, milk, sugar and star anise in a heavy bottomed saucepan on a medium heat. Bring to a boil, then remove from the heat and set aside for one hour to infuse.
Sieve, then return to the pan and bring back to a boil. Stir in the gelatine and set aside. When the jelly is set and the panna cotta mix is lukewarm, pour onto the jelly and return to the fridge to set, preferably overnight.
*For The Strawberry Glass* (Prepare the day before)
Bring the puree to a boil, ass the Isomalt and boil for five minutes. Spread thinly onto a silicone mat (so you can see through it) and bake overnight in the oven at 55 C. When it's ready it will be translucent and crisp. Break into shards and store in an airtight container.
*For the Strawberry Sorbet* (Prepare in advance and freeze)
Blend the strawberries with the sugar and lemon, then bring to a boil in a pan. Leave to cool then add to an ice cream machine and churn.
*For The Pebbles*
Whip the egg whites into soft peaks. Add the caster sugar until a firm meringue is achieved. Add the lime juice. Divide the egg white mixture into two, add the almonds and poppy seeds into one half and then fold in the other half. Place into a piping bag and pipe little drops (of 2 to 3cm circumference) onto a silicone mat.
Put in the oven at 110 C for 90 minutes until dried out. Store in an airtight container.
*For The Short Crumb Base*
Place all the ingredients into a food processor and blend until fine crumbs are achieved. Bake for eight minutes at 190 C until golden brown. Set aside to cool and place in an airtight container until needed.
*For The Marinade*
Boil the purees, peppercorns, vinegar and lime juice. Sieve, blend, cool. Dice the strawberries and drop them into the marinade. Leave for one hour.
Run the moulds under the hot water tap for a few seconds to release the panna cottas. Assemble as in picture.
1) Grill the bell peppers, turning occasionally, until the skin chars all over, 15 to 20 min. Put the charred peppers in a heatproof bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let sit until cool enough to handle, about 30 min.
2) Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, 1/2 tsp. of the thyme, salt, and about 5 grinds of pepper. Mix well.
3) Remove the pepper skins and seeds and cut the peppers into thin strips. Add the peppers to the vinegar mixture and let them marinate for at least 1 hour and up to 3 days. (Refrigerate if making more than a few hours ahead and return to room temperature before assembling the crostini.
4) Spread each slice of the toasted baguette with a generous layer of goat cheese, sprinkle with some of the remaining thyme, and top with a tangle of the peppers and a small grind of black pepper.
5) A little spoon of pesto will make the whole dish sing. Serve immediately.