1) Remove the green top and wash gently in cold water , shake off the water
2) Add the black pepper to the strawberries leave in the fridge to cool.
3) The ice cream is extremely simple to do if you have an ice cream machine and these can be bought in most supermarkets nowadays at a good price.
4) If you have a machine, place the sugar, egg yolks and cream in a pan and cook out for 10mins on a gentle heat then cool.
5) Simply place all ingredients in the machine and leave until done around 30mins.
6) If you don't have a machine, you can make a basic ice cream mix with condensed milk, double cream and the balsamic - simply place in the freezer and stir occasionally until frozen.
7) This can now be served on top of the strawberries - lovely, light and fresh.