Can be served either as a side dish with meat or fish or as a stand-alone dish with a salad or veg.
- Chop the potatoes into a small dice and part boil (10 mins)
- Boil the beetroot until soft, cool and peel off the skin. Cut into similar size dice as the potatoes
- Meanwhile fry the onions & ginger until soft. Lower the heat
- Add the spices and simmer to release the flavours and natural oils.
- Add the tomatoes and potatoes then the beetroot and fry for a further 2-3 minutes or until excess liquid has evaporated
- Serve with a good helping of crème fraiche, orange zest and freshly chopped coriander