How to cook
1. Trip the chops and excess fat and put into a large bowl.
2. In a separate bowl add all the other ingredients except the oil. Mix and then add the chops.
3. Marinate for overnight or for at least 2 hours.
4. Put the oil in a frying pan and heat. Fry the chops in batches for a couple of minutes on each side and then place in on an ovenproof tray.
5. Cook in the oven at 200C/gas 6 for 10 to 20 minutes depending on how pink you like your lamb.
6. Serve with an Indian side salad or mint chutney.