The annual Winter Fancy Food Show takes place at the Moscone Centre, San Francisco from 22 – 24 January 2017. The Department for International Trade would like to formally invite you to participate as a trade mission delegate representing the food and drink industry from the Northern Powerhouse.
With a GDP close to £350bn, the economy of the Northern Powerhouse is equivalent to the 21st largest in the world. Spanning the north of England and including the cities of Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Newcastle and Sheffield, the Northern Powerhouse unites a wealth of world-class expertise and business talent.
The Winter Fancy Food Show is one of the most high-profile food and drink trade shows in North America, providing access to a huge network of potential distributors, partners, agents, buyers and consumers from the US and wider region. It presents an excellent opportunity to acquire knowledge, insight and build a contact base in this competitive marketplace.
This Mission is suitable for most categories of food and drink products, however, as the WFFS does not focus on the alcohol trade, companies in this area may not fully benefit by participating.
Why should you attend?
- Access to the Winter Fancy Food Show across all live days
- Space to display your product/s on the DIT’s Northern Powerhouse stand
- Inclusion of your company profile in the Northern Powerhouse event brochure
- Support from DIT’s Sector Trade Specialists from the UK & US
- A pre-event webinar with DIT staff covering the opportunities available in the US market
Please note, there is no joining fee to participate in the Mission and delegates will receive the following free gratis:
- 1 x access pass World Fancy Food Show pass
- International air freight for up to 2 x boxes of display product/s
Costs such as airfare, accommodation, additional passes to the show, personal expenses and transport of display product to the international freight company will need to be paid directly by all delegates.
The £500 TDS is there for eligible SME’s and is paid retrospectively after the event against receipts from the company for flights/hotel costs to the max of £500.
Click here for Shipping instructions manual
To confirm your place:
To confirm your place, please email WFFS2017@diteventspecialist.co.uk by 17:00 hours on Tuesday, 6th December and include the following information:
- Company name
- Name of representative attending the Mission
- Contact phone number, mobile, email and mailing address of delegate
- Name of your DIT International Trade Advisor (if known)
- Title of the product/s you wish to display
- Storage requirements of product/s: Chilled/Frozen/ Ambient
- A description of the product/s for display
- Detail of the product/s (including dimensions of individual size)
- An image of the product/s
During the event, your product/s will be displayed on shelves or in fridges/freezers as appropriate.
Shipping of product/s is capped at x 2 boxes per company. The product/s will be for display and sampling on the stand only. In compliance with the show organiser’s rules, products are not allowed to be taken off-site. There will be no storage available for surplus product.
Companies will be responsible for ensuring that all documentation and product is supplied in line with the following deadlines:
Note, these shipping deadlines must be met to ensure your product/s is displayed at the show.
- 10th December – receipt of your FDA Certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 15th December – receipt of ambient food samples to international freight company
- 10th January – frozen and refrigerated samples
A document is attached detailing specific requirements for shipping. Please read this carefully as US customs is strict on the import of food items.
When registering, please confirm if your product/s are FDA registered by quoting your FDA registration number.
From the above link you can see step by step instructions (as below):
We look forward to welcoming you to the Winter Fancy Food Show 2017.