*The Farmers Cart – General Manager*
Salary £28,000 (depending on experience)
The Farmers Cart opened the shop and cafe in 2002 and has grown rapidly since with the addition of a butchers counter, delicatessen, on farm bakery and shop and cafe extension. We are situated on the outskirts of York on a beautiful working farm.
Our company core values are at the heart of everything we do. They are:-
• FAMILY ““ We are a Yorkshire family who value the best that the county can offer ““ We will share this with our customers and everyone who works with us in the business
• HAPPINESS ““ We believe that work should not be a chore ““ We enjoy it and have fun even in the small things.
• MAKING A POSITIVE ““ We believe that a core part of our work is to make a positive difference to people and the environment. We do this through the community we build, the educational bits of our work, how we run our farm and the partnerships we create.
• PASSION ““ We are passionate about farming, sustainability and the quality of our produce. Our work has to create value for everyone.
• LEGACY ““ We are committed to creating a legacy based on care for the environment and building sustainable approaches to farming and developing peoples awareness about healthy sources of food and lifestyles.
When buying produce for our business we use as much FROM OUR SOIL as possible, If it is not from our soil we buy locally FROM YORKSHIRE, if it is NOT FROM Yorkshire we will ensure that it is the best!
Reporting to the owner Edward Sykes you will be in charge of the day to day management of the business , managing a team of 50 staff. We are looking for someone with a passion for working with quality local food and people.
Qualifications, experience and skills ““
• You must have experience managing a team of 20 or more people
• Experience in food safety, with a sound knowledge of current legislation
• Experience in HR ““ recruitment, inductions, staffing issues, contracts
• Experience with health and safety in the work place
• Experience in to food and drink industry (hospitality or retail)
• Good organisation, motivation and leadership skills
• Excellent communication skills
• It is crucial that you are a self motivated individual who always strives to achieve the best
We are looking for someone who is excited by the prospect of helping a successful business with a strong family heritage, and values-based culture achieve its future aspirations.
You must be flexible in your working hours and be able to work weekends and school holidays. In return we are offering a competitive salary and company benefits.
For more information or to apply please contact Lottie Riley on *01904 499183* or email *email@example.com*